Jane P. (Dority) Murphy-Greising

Print This Obituary Print This Obituary

LAMOINE- Jane P. (Dority) Murphy-Greising was surrounded by her family when she passed away at Maine Medical Center in Portland, ME on March 1, 2017. She was born on June 8, 1936 in Charleston, ME, daughter of the late Cecil Dority and the late Lottie (Kinney) Dority. Jane enjoyed sewing, shopping, and taking road trips

She is survived by her husband, Frank Greising of Lamoine; sons-Ronald Murphy and partner, Karen Burns of Southwest Harbor, Gary Murphy and wife, Jill of Bar Harbor; daughters- Tamera Murphy of Trenton, Pamela Beam of Seal Cove, Jo-Anne Harper and husband, Greg of Seal Cove; sisters- Jean Bradman (twin sister) of Dedham, Ruth Hayward of Flushing, MI and Jacky Labousier of Dover-Foxcroft; grandchildren- Chantel, Travis, Curtis, Tyler, Aaron, Matthew, Brandon, Ian, Olivia, Mark, Anthony, Joseph, Kathy, Ciara; great-grandchilren-Logan, Reese, Alexa, Arya, Lilly, Briggs, Phoebe, Quin, Zinea, Airayana; Bentley, her beloved cat.

She was predeceased by both of her parents and brothers- Paul Dority and Richard Dority.

Jane’s service is scheduled for 2pm, Sunday, March 5, 2017 at the Southwest Harbor Congregational Church with Rev. Daniel Venable officiating. Committal will follow at Mt. Height Cemetery in Southwest Harbor. Friends and family are invited to celebrate the life of Jane at her daughter’s home-12 Dow Point Road, Seal Cove.

Memorial Contributions: Forgotten Felines of Maine PO Box 264 Gouldsboro, ME 04607

Email this to someoneShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

6 Responses to Jane P. (Dority) Murphy-Greising

1. Nyoka Gray says:

To Jane’s Family :
    Sorry for your loss,She will be missed.

2. Lee and Joanne Rathbun says:

So to hear about Jane. We have many fond memories of our get-togethers with her and Frank. She loved her family and always shared pictures of them. Heaven is a better place with her in it. Love and prayers. Joanne and Lee Rathbun

3. Mary Martin says:

Tammy and family…..so very sorry to hear this…
    Much love and peace.

The Vose family

4. Daniel F Venable says:

Judy and I have prayed for you, Jane’s family, since we heard of Jane’s passing. Some of you shared with me the words of the prophet Isaiah and I want to share them back to you.
    “so do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
    We have prayed that your loving heavenly Father will sustain in the days ahead and that His righteousness will be your comfort, your hope, and your deliverance.
    Pastor Dan Venable

5. Gary and Joanne smith says:

Gary and I are so sorry for your loss

6. D&l says:

Please except my condolences for the loss of your loved one. We can find comfort from god the god of all comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3,4).

Leave a message for the family